The excavation and analysis of an 18th century deposit of anatomical remains and chemical apparatus from the rear of the first Ashmolean Museum (now The Museum of the History of Science), Broad Street, Oxford.

Hull, G., Hamilton-Dyer, S., Blinkhorn, P. and Cannon, P., 2003. The excavation and analysis of an 18th century deposit of anatomical remains and chemical apparatus from the rear of the first Ashmolean Museum (now The Museum of the History of Science), Broad Street, Oxford. Post Medieval Archaeology, 37 (1), pp. 1-28.

Full text available as:

[img]
Preview
PDF
4MB

Abstract

Focuses on the rescue excavation during a refurbishment at the Museum of History of the History of Science in Oxford, England which recovered deposits which appear to have been placed in the later 18th century. Extent of the refurbishment; Description of the potter assemblage found during the excavation; Analysis of the human bone that were found.

Item Type:Article
ISSN:0079-4236
Additional Information:Authored specialist report within an excavation report
Uncontrolled Keywords:Bone Excavations Museums Pottery
Subjects:History > Archaeology
Group:Faculty of Science and Technology
ID Code:1117
Deposited By:INVALID USER
Deposited On:28 Apr 2007
Last Modified:10 Sep 2014 15:39

Document Downloads

More statistics for this item...
Repository Staff Only -
BU Staff Only -
Help Guide - Editing Your Items in BURO